Friday, February 24, 2012

Starting with Self-sacrifice?

I started with the idea of devotion, but when that idea seemed, by Google search, to lead me to an exclusively Christian concept, I decided to reach a little further. The etymology of the word devotion led to concepts of self-sacrifice, loyalty, and vow and promise making. I started with self-sacrifice and after a bit of reading an athiest's viewpoints on the matter, realized that the real crux, or a better beginning point is aiming at what you value. What is that we desire? And how much do we desire it? Last question, and an all important one, how do you increase desire?

As I often do, I started from an endpoint that I'd like to see more of in my life and I neglected to see the healthful steps at arriving at the manifestation of something good in my life. 

God, please help me get there. I'm needing something deeper, something that makes more sense. And if I am searching for too much sense then I ask that You derail me from this track, but if I'm onto something that I need to be onto, something beneficial to more than just myself, then please give me the courage and strength to pursue. 

Thanks.




No comments: